I can’t tell you why nursing pillows out of all things were once treated with flame retardants before being exempted from the CA TB117. This is the law that says which products should be treated with flame retardants. Before December 2010, infant/baby products were required to be treated with flame retardants. Now they are exempted from being doused with the chemicals, but they still need to “adhere” which means that the materials that some of the infant/baby products should conform with TB117. What does this mean? Well, in order to conform, manufacturers select petroleum based materials that off gas and are still toxic to the environment, mama and especially baby.
Here’s the list of the safest and non-toxic nursing pillows:
- 100% organic and non-allergenic
- Filled with organic buckwheat hulls, which make it possible to shift the contents around like a bean bag to find the perfect position unique to each mother and baby. Once the position is set the little pyramid-shaped hulls inside the pillow interlock together to conform to the shape and hold the position
- Unique filling allows air to circulate keeping both baby and mother cool and comfortable
- Easy to Clean: The easily removable slipcover is machine-washable and able to handle frequent laundering. (The inside pillow can be spot cleaned and heat sanitized by putting it in the dryer for 20 minutes.)
- Additional Uses: The Nesting Pillow is a terrific support for bottle-feeding babies too!
- Additionally, the repositioning ability of The Nesting Pillow makes it a great back and belly support for pregnant mothers and an excellent abdominal support after cesarean surgery
- Sustainability: All Blessed Nest products are made in America using 100% organic materials and are shipped in recyclable and compostable packaging.
I own a wool comforter by this company and the product is of top quality. I did notice a “farmy” smell and was told that this was not harmful and not treated with any chemicals. The “farmy” smell subsided after a few weeks.
- Non-toxic alternative to the popular Boppy pillow
- Premium Eco-Wool batting
- Organic cotton fabric cover
- Made in USA
- Filled with organic kapok (light, very buoyant, resilient, naturally resistant to water)
- External organic Pebble Fabric is naturally water-resistant. This special fabric is bathed in natural zinc making it anti-mite, anti-mold, anti-fungal and hypoallergenic
- Strategically designed square shape offers maximum surface space for extended use. Great for Twins!
- made of 100% organic cotton sourced and made in the USA