There were not a lot of eco-friendly feeding high chairs out there, but I did come across a few, one of which I own. These high chairs are free of flame retardants, BPA, PVC, Phthalates or lead. Also, the paint finishing is low VOCs.
Here’s the list for the most eco-friendly, safe feeding high chairs for your baby, toddler. Two of the chairs even adjust as a regular seat for adults:
In my opinion, this is the best that’s out there. The chair comes in many modern colors, like aqua baby blue, grey and my favorite (the color we have) green. You’ll notice that it comes with a hefty price tag, but have had ours for 4 years and counting. It’s the most expensive on this list and they offer accessories separately like the baby set which provides a high back and seating rail for babies under 8 months, but this is one of the most non-toxic high chairs out there today.
- solid beech wood side legs and floor brace to prevent tipping
- wood finish is a water-based lacquer, meets EN71-3 standard. The removable plastic tray is BPA and phthalate free (accessory)
A lot less than the Stokke, and comes with more accessories, this high chair is a nice alternative. This also grows with your child and withstand 250 lbs! Thinking it could be an extra chair for party guests!
- PMA certified to the highest ASTM standards
- Made of solid rubber wood, wood finish is water-based lacquer and lead free
- Eating tray and dishwasher safe tray cover included – tray is BPA and phthalate free
- Adjustable foot and seat plate
- Cloth cushion seating included
- Does not easily grow with your child like the other two
- Fully adjustable seat depth provides optimum torso and leg support
- Comes with wooden tray and removable, easy-to clean tray cover that is dishwasher safe and BPA and phthalate-free
- Made from sustainable wood with a lead-free finish